Brand awareness is the life boat for every small business. This means that as an SME if you succeed in establishing brand awareness, your business flourishes. There are millions of businesses offering their products and services to your target audience, each with great offers. Customers are left with the option of choosing from these varieties. The chance of a customer picking a brand or company they are familiar with on the list is high. This is what building brand awareness does for small businesses. It puts your business in a better position above your competitors.
How do you build brand awareness as an SME and ensure your prospective audience choose you?
- Merge content marketing with PR.
- Distribute your content.
- Build a strong social media presence.
- Participate in trends.
- Launch a referral program.
These techniques are feasible for SME’s because they are mostly free and do not require spending a fortune. Which is the goal of every small business.
Merge content marketing with PR
Content marketing is a marketing strategy used to attract and retain target audience through the use of videos, podcasts, creating and sharing relevant articles, etc. In this digital era, building an online presence is the best way to increase brand awareness. The quality of content you feed your audience with determines how your target audience view your brand. You can create user targeted content by:
- Starting a blog: Creating a blog for your business where you share tips on how to use a product, why customers should opt for a particular product, etc. Sharing general information or contents that are useful to your target audience is an example of brand awareness 101.
- Videos or Reels: You might also want to either run a channel on YouTube or constantly create reels that promote your business on Instagram. These videos reach a wider audience that just graphic posts wont. Promoting your products or services with reels or videos would help build brand awareness amongst relevant audience.
Distribute your content
Great contents make no sense if nobody gets to see it. Your content can only get noticed if you distribute them. Some things you should consider when distributing your contents are;
- SEO is important; If you want your posts or content to rank high or if you want to generate traffic from search engines, optimizing SEO in your content is essential.
- Explore other channels for distribution; Instagram and Facebook are not the only channel where you can find your target audience. Your target audience can come from anywhere. You can reach your prospective audience from other social media channels like Reddit, Quora, Pinterest, etc.
Build a strong social media presence
To build a strong social media presence, you need to be an active participant on social media. Simply putting up contents is not enough. You need to constantly engage with your audience by asking questions, commenting on their posts, encourage user generated content.
Participate in trends
Participate in trends that match with your brand goals and values. It could be sponsoring or hosting an event that puts your brand’s name in front of thousands of eyes or attending summits that promote your business.
Launch a referral program
The best type of marketing strategy you can take advantage of as an SME is word of mouth advertising. By launching a referral program you get existing customers to tell their friends and family about your products or services. This would cost you nothing asides the incentives you offer participants which could be a gift voucher or anything within your budget.
Employing these brand awareness tips into your small business would most definitely grow your business in no time. Stay consistent and do not drop it halfway through to get the best results.