What’s the best content to create to reach your target audience?
If you’re not already convinced that video has officially arrived as the top form of online content, it’s time to get on board.
Video is one of the most valuable tools in the world of modern marketing. With 56% of consumers watching videos on social media every month, and 70% of eCommerce brands increasing their video marketing budgets over the last year, video engagement is at an all-time high.
With the prominence of social video continuing to grow by the day, having a video marketing strategy for your business has never been more important. So, if you’re ready to leverage this increasingly popular format and grow your brand and ROI, here are some of the top video marketing trends to try in 2022 and beyond.
1. Videos in social media stories: videos in social media stories are highly engaging. These can help brands create a more personal touch than other types of video content. As videos on social media stories are here to stay longer. So, it would help if you kept them casual and engaging.
Most importantly, social media stories also offer multiple ways to interact with viewers. You can use the questions feature, add polls, and do Q&A with your viewers. These can be the best ways to interact and know about your service and product from the audience.
2. Social media video advertising: Advertising your videos on Social Media is an absolute must in 2021. They encourage users to follow brands on the site and discover new products which show a clear pattern behind people using these platforms to make purchasing decisions. Because of that, it makes sense to invest in social media video advertising, especially if you have a smaller organic audience. It doesn’t matter which types of social media ads you’re creating. Get creative and use both formats to tell engaging stories. For example, use vertical when there’s one person on the screen, then switch to a wider scene that’s viewable when the user turns their device horizontally.
3. Shoppable videos: The internet is the go-to destination for consumers looking for products like yours. But they’re not just using Google to find new products. They’re visiting social media channels to search for recommendations from friends and influencers. eCommerce brands that know this are using shopping videos to attract and convert viewers. Unlike traditional product videos, they’re sometimes disguised as a regular video with clickable pop-up text linking to the clothes or household items in the video. Social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook are introducing their own types of shoppable video content, especially when it comes to their advertising platform.
4. Live Video Streaming: Connection. Intimacy. Authenticity. These are the things people desire from brands. So, switch out the sales talk and corporate jargon in favor of human, relatable video content. Show you’re human and can connect with potential customers on a personal level. Since you can’t be face-to-face with everyone all the time, the next best thing is to go live. Live streaming is growing around the world. Last year in the UK, people were spending nearly 64% of their time watching videos. A lot of this is happening across social platforms. Facebook gets the lion’s share of live video views, followed by Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter.
5. User-generated video content: user-generated video content has been popular in social media for a bit longer. However, now you can see it everywhere. Just think about different videos you have recently watched, from commercials to dances on TikTok. Almost every video gives an authentic look to user-generated content, even if it isn’t. One of the famous user-generated movies is also back again with a sequel. So, you can see that user-generated video content is here to stay for longer.
6. Vlogging is here to stay: brand storytelling must always be one of the most engaging ways to connect with consumers. Additionally, it can also help develop a brand’s personality and keep the audience engaged. However, vlogs have become an excellent vehicle for brand storytelling over time. At present, you can find vlogs on almost any topic. Most importantly, these are outperforming and getting more engagement over time. So, it means that vlogs are here to stay for longer.
In conclusion, video marketing is part of the future of marketing. With several solutions to choose from, finding the perfect strategies to execute your marketing campaign for 2020 will sail smoothly. Based on the video marketing trends that are covered here we are pretty sure that you’ll be all set and ready for future video marketing strategies.