Marketers are increasingly using videos in a variety of ways to promote products and services.
Consumers love video. Over a billion people use YouTube and a full one-third of the time people spend online, they spend watching videos.
All that love of video isn’t exclusive to videos made purely for entertainment purposes; video marketing also offers impressive results:
According to Hostgator, Videos in an email increase clicks by 200 to 300%. Landing page videos increase conversions by 80%. Watching a video makes consumers 64% more likely to buy a product online.
They use videos for Youtube, landing pages, recorded webinars, emails, and more. Videos also help introduce brands to potential customers and build lasting relationships with existing customers.
According to research by Hubspot, on average, businesses publish 18 videos each month, That one data point underscores the ever-increasing demand for video and its great value to marketing. So, what to make of this? The obvious conclusion is that the time is now to include video in your own digital marketing strategy. Or else, you could risk getting left behind by your competition.
1. Video leaves a stronger impression: Human beings are visual creatures by nature, as the brain can process visual data 60,000 times faster than text. Videos create a stronger emotional connection with the viewer as well. As a marketer, you can leverage this powerful aspect of the video to foster an emotional connection that will drive viewers towards the desired action.
2. Video tends to rank well in search engines: If you’re targeting certain keywords with your content marketing efforts, you might find that it’s much easier to rank a video in Google for those keywords versus a blog post or an article on a web page. Try optimizing your videos for organic search by including relevant keywords in your titles and descriptions, and you might be surprised at how quickly they will move up in the search rankings.
3. Video is a very mobile-friendly medium: The world has gone mobile. With every month that passes by, more and more people are consuming video content on their mobile devices, so if you want to reach a broader (and rapidly growing) audience, be sure to add mobile-friendly video content to your marketing mix.
4. Video leads to more conversions: according to the Top 16 Video Marketing Statistics for 2016 report, adding a video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more, Replacing an image with a video on a landing page will likely increase conversions.
Videos offer a more detailed description of your product or service. As viewers become more engaged, they’re more likely to retain the message. They also tend to trust brands more after watching a video. And trust can eventually lead to conversions.
5. Video is more shareable: According to Wordstream data, the social video gets 1200% more shares than text and image content combined, On platforms like LinkedIn, video is shared 20 times more often than other types of content formats in the LinkedIn feed, according to Sales and Marketing Solutions. What makes videos so shareable? Because they’re not only entertaining but also bring practical value by providing tips, tricks, and hacks.