You are a brand in your own right.
You’re unique, and your individual characteristics are what make you distinctive from others.
Think about how your friends see you. Are you always the one that’s organized and plans every meal/ trip, or are you super laid back and just follow the rest of the group?
What do people say when you step out of the room?
“She’s a terrific writer.” “He is an innovative serial entrepreneur.” “She definitely knows her onions when it comes to food blogging.”
Do people perceive you well or it is the other way round?
If no, what if you now want to rebrand yourself?
People reinvent themselves most times to take on a new challenge or shift into more-meaningful work.
As Longfellow noted, “We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done.” Your path may make perfect sense to you, but how can you persuade others to embrace your new brand and take you seriously?
These characteristics define who you are and influence how you present yourself to the rest of the world.
But do you want to change this perception?
Is your current image no longer fitting of who you are?
Then follow the tips below to reinvent your personal brand…
HOW TO REBRAND YOURSELF
Rebranding yourself isn’t simply about getting a new haircut or changing the way you dress, though both can be important.
Here are some useful tips to guide you through;
1. Set where you want to be in the next few years: in this case, you need to decide what your dream are. You can adjust your dream as you get more experience and more confidence. Start small. It can be overwhelming. Before you know it, you will be experiencing the big picture. Help people decide who you are or they will decide for you.
2. Use social media to grow your network: many of us don’t know how to effectively use social media platforms. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram can literally single-handedly help you rebrand yourself for free and grow your network! Research best practices in using these tools, ignorance is not bliss in this case. You can do serious damage to your profile if you do it wrong. Make sure you know what you are doing. Whenever you meet someone in real life, add them to your social profiles straight away.
3. Blog: Share as much information with the world as you can. Don’t listen to the people that tell you you will talk yourself out of a job if you do that. They are wrong. Use WordPress, it’s the best blogging tool out there, also free!
4. Talk sense: while you blog, also make sure you are saying the right thing. There are meformers and informers. Meformers spend all day talking about themselves, what goes in the top, what comes out the bottom, spew endless ramblings and updates of every minute of their day, or squeal a lot. There is nothing more boring. Informers share news, educate people, have an opinion on world events. Much more interesting to follow. Decide who you are and which category you should be in the become a respected member of your industry.
5. Start today: You can do all of these steps inside your own organization, locally, or globally. It’s completely up to you. Doing all this will help you become a subject matter expert in your field of choice.
In conclusion, make sure you spend a lot of time listening to people. Listen to what people have to say, make eye contact, let them finish speaking, consider what they have said, then offer your thoughts if you have been asked for them. Make sure you understand the question!!! Sounds logical, but it’s incredible how few people actually bother to do this.