Understanding how to get YouTube views is a skill every creator should have in their toolbox. Because let’s face it: No one wants to spend hours crafting a video, only to receive zero views after hitting publish. So if you’ve ever found yourself wondering, Why don’t my YouTube videos get any views? this guide is for you.
From creating better thumbnails to writing click-worthy titles, here are 5 ways to get more views on YouTube videos:
1. Write Attention-Grabbing Titles: We’re not encouraging you to write clickbait. Instead, focus on creating titles that accurately reflect the content of your video while being creative and exciting enough to make people want to click. Your title should give viewers a general idea of the video. At the same time, it should be short, sweet, and to the point. Make sure to include relevant keywords that people might search for on YouTube. It will help your video come up in search results.
2. Figure out what your audience wants: With any type of content you produce, you want to make sure it’s aligned with what your audience wants. Whether you’re writing a blog post or creating a video, start by getting to know your audience and what type of content they want to see from you. If you’re just starting to promote your YouTube channel, take a look at your competitors or other video creators in your industry. Look at which of their videos get the most views and engagement. This will give you an idea of what topics your audience wants to learn about and what style of videos they prefer.
3. Use Trending Topics to Get More Views: Do you pay attention to YouTube trends? If not, now’s the time to start because hopping on a trending topic is a great way to dominate YouTube search results. The key to making trend-worthy videos is knowing which topics to embrace. That often means staying within your niche so your channel remains focused. Every video you post needs to matter to your audience whether it goes viral or not. Also, don’t fall into the trap of only posting trending topics. You still need evergreen content to generate long-term value and get steady views. We recommend dedicating 10-20% of your content to following trends.
4. Experiment With Ads to Drive YouTube Views: Ads might sound like a little bit of a cop-out here. I get it; you might not want to pay to play the YouTube view game. Running YouTube Ads is definitely one of the best ways to generate the right kind of views for your videos. YouTube Ads lets you target your target audience and ensure they find out about your video. It takes a lot of the guesswork out of the whole process on this social media platform. Running ads allows you to get some real-time feedback, in terms of how good your video is, speeding the process of working out whether or not you have an engaging video on your hands.
5. Promote Your YouTube Video Everywhere: Just because you’ve created a YouTube video doesn’t mean that you can now only promote on YouTube. Post links for your YouTube content to all of your other digital assets, including your email list or your Facebook page, and other social media sites. If you know of some influencers who might find your video useful, you may even want to let them know, via email, that you’ve created something that they might enjoy.