We live in a world where your online reputation can be your strongest asset or your biggest liability. For years, companies had CEOs and Founders that the public knows nothing about except if they read about them in a magazine or on TV programs. These days, companies are becoming more human and accessible due to their online presence.
Nowadays, people can easily attach a face to a particular brand. People can now perceive a brand through the Founder or CEO’s online reputation. 82% of investors say name recognition is an important factor guiding them in their investment decisions. 80% of investors make decisions after brand name recognition is put into account.
Just so you know, personal branding is becoming a trend in the business industry. It has become an avenue whereby Founders and CEOs of brands put themselves out online to have a voice and a peculiar perception.
Here are some of the reasons why CEOs should consider personal branding;
- Personal branding boosts your sales and marketing efforts: More than 90% of people trust recommendations from individuals. This happens as a result of the perception individuals already have about the face of the brand. This enhances recommendations to family and friends when in need.
- Form of Investment: Personal branding is a good investment for a CEO because it makes it easier for clients to put a face to the brand and that way, they feel safer in doing business with the company. It gives you a good first impression in the sight of your prospective clients and associates.
- It makes you Distinctive: personal branding also boosts the company’s image and reputation as the audience sees the brand through the CEO’s personal brand. Effective personal branding will differentiate you from your competitors and make you stand out in the industry. Personal branding helps to distinguish you from other highly-competent executives and helps define the distinct role that you see for yourself in the workplace.
- It helps you build trust: It allows you to build trust among prospective clients and employers. Having a personal brand is important for entrepreneurs because it allows you to control your narrative and helps you to be seen as an expert in your field. Sharing your proficiency with the public, in return, builds reliability and can help earn trust.
- A CEO’s reputation is the company’s reputation: 44% of the market value of companies is credited to the reputation of their CEO. A CEO’s brand is not only about him. Personal branding nowadays is not always about the CEO’s reputation, but the company’s reputation. The transparency of social media has made it easier for people to attach a mark to a person and that mark automatically reflects on the person’s brand.
Personal branding has become a trend in the business world and over the past few years. It has improved productivity for business owners, founders, and CEOs.