Growing a business is no joke. It takes a determined, dedicated, and disciplined mind to execute.
The heart of any business’s success lies in its marketing. Without the right marketing strategies to power your business, generating a profit and staying afloat is virtually unattainable.
For businesses of all sizes, content marketing can be an extremely effective way to grow a presence online, grab the attention of potential customers and position a brand in an authoritative and trustworthy way.
It is pocket-friendly, easy to implement, and highly valuable when handled correctly, content marketing is a clear front runner in the digital marketing space.
Content marketing costs an average of 62% less than other related tactics yet delivers over three times the results.
I wonder what’s stopping you from trying this.
Content marketing is a blessing in disguise for businesses! Adopting a content marketing strategy can change the way your business looks, breathes and feels online. Doesn’t matter what the size of your business is, you can benefit greatly from content marketing.
If your business is new to content marketing or you simply need a little direction in fine-tuning your approach, this blog will guide you on how to do effective content marketing.
Why Is Content Marketing Important in 2022?
In recent years, content marketing has transformed from just a mere exciting marketing concept to a proven & massively effective marketing technique.
According to DemandMetric, content marketing costs 62% less on average compared to other traditional marketing strategies. It also generates 3x times more leads. Content Marketing Institute also discovered that businesses that have adopted content marketing witnessed nearly 6x times higher conversion rates compared to companies that did not adopt content marketing.
Content marketing is not about you or your product. It is about your audience’s needs. Great content marketing is about how you can give your audience something that no one else can. This boosts your brand above the competition and shows why no marketing strategy could be complete without a proper content marketing plan.
Consistent use of content marketing strategy not only helps to establish relationships with your existing as well as prospective customers. It also supports them.
Content marketing can make consumers feel much closer to a company. 60% of brands enjoy using reading relevant content from brands. 82% of customers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content. 70% of consumers feel closer to a company as a result of content marketing.
What brings people to your business in 2022?
In most cases, it begins with a question and they come to your website for an answer. They expect your brand to solve their problem. They want information.
Below are 7 content marketing strategies to fuel your business growth;
1. Spice up your product description: your descriptions should be extremely well written and tell a story about your offering. If you are a business that has a product or service to offer, you will have to put it in everything needed to make the customer understand what exactly your offering is. Since you will be representing your product online, there is no actual way for the customer to see, feel or evaluate it physically. Instead of just listing out dimensions and composition, use product descriptions as a way to highlight benefits, explain selling points, and emphasize differentiating factors that make your opportunities better than the competition.
2. Create legitimate landing pages: Having a dedicated landing page increases your chances of converting leads and generating a positive outlook. Work on having individual landing pages for each purpose. More number of landing pages will mean more conversions. Instead of bombarding visitors with way too much information that doesn’t directly apply to your offers, create a landing page for each unique opportunity. If, for example, you’re giving away a free ebook, there should be a distinct landing page with signup information and a comprehensive, keyword-rich overview of your offer.
3. Employ Modern Keyword Techniques: To some marketers, keyword use is seen as an old-school approach to SEO. In some ways, this is true — historical strategies, like keyword stuffing, are heavily penalized in today’s search engine algorithms. But that doesn’t mean keywords aren’t still a vital part of nailing a strong ranking in the SERPs. Keywords should focus not on what your competitors are ranking for and what you want to rank for, but the searcher’s intent. This will help drive the targeted traffic you’re looking for.
4. Let your photos do the talking: Studies show that 40% of people respond more actively to visual information than plain text. Pictures do matter and they can speak volumes to people. Pictures are a highly effective addition to your content mix because they attract and hold the audience very well.
5. Craft a hit headline: When you write a headline for your content, you should consider giving ample thought to it. It is just as important as any other element of your content marketing strategy. Perhaps the most important because that’s the very first thing your reader will go through. It should compel readers to stop and hold their attention to your piece. Asking a question or including numerical digits in your headline can be effective in driving traffic to your content.
6. Make your content marketing strategy adaptable for the millennials: The millennials are another story when it comes to human groups. Their thinking patterns, lifestyle, value systems, and approach to problems are all different. They value community, family, and creativity at work. They also make up for a significant nub of the population. Therefore, it is not a child’s play that your content should cater to their needs and aspirations. Adaptive content is your hero here. It is simply the content that bolsters meaningful interactions across different platforms. So, your users should be comfortable reading your content on a laptop screen, continue where they left it on a mobile phone or a tablet. There should not be any hassle whatsoever.
7. Make an editorial calendar: A full blow content calendar is stress-defying. Most people miss out on this but you should definitely spend a significant amount of time crafting a plan for content creation, marketing, and measuring performance. In order to have an effective calendar, you should first know your audience and the kind of content they are interested in. Your topics should be well researched. Select a time frame that suits your pace and goals. It can be monthly or weekly.
In conclusion, your business won’t succeed by doing the same thing as everyone else. You need to be able to be innovative when it comes to your brand. And one way to achieve this is using the power of content because the content is KING!